Pinned Post


Please click HERE to join in "Ellibelle's Crafty Wednesday" challenge.


Please click HERE to join in "I Spy With My Little Eye" challenge.


Jan 7, 2018

Something New for Penny Black and More

Happy Sunday and thank you so much for visiting! 
We are back at the Penny Black and More challenge blog with new challenges and we're starting out the new year with a "Something New" challenge. This can be new stamps/stash, new baby, new home, new job, maybe a new technique... 


I used a new stamp, it's not a new release but new to me - Gentle Whisper - by Penny Black. I love orchids! I also used my new Tonic stamp positioner by Tim Holtz. I have to say I'm impressed! I'm so impressed that I am actually thinking about unmounting my wood mounted stamps ... but I do love my wood mounts so not sure yet what I'll do.

The card was simple to make. I inked the stamp using distress ink markers, spritzed with a little bit of water and then stamped on bristol vellum card stock. I flicked a few ink splatters onto the background to add a little more interest to the card. Then I sponged the edges and a stencil design to two of the corners. The sentiment is from the Penny Black set Heartfelt. The card front was then mounted onto wild wasabi card stock and that completes this birthday card.

We have some wonderful and very generous sponsors lined up for this month's challenge and we welcome everyone to join us. As always you can use any stamp company, just no digi stamps, and please do remember, the focal point has to be stamped, the only exception are Penny Black stickeroos.  I hope to see you there :)

Have a great day!!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hallo Ellie,
so eine erfrischende Karte, ganz toll gemacht!
Schönen Sonntag und ganz liebe Grüße
Daniela

brenda said...

This is just beautiful Ellie, the soft subtle background interest helps draw the eye to the beautifully stamped Orchid - which is one foe the wish list I think.

B x

Leanne Harris said...

Hi Ellie! This is a super creation (I absolutely love orchids too!!). A really pretty card and lovely and inky - just how I like them! What a lovely new stamp for you too. Wishing you are very happy and safe 2018 xxxxxx

Marilyn said...

Pretty!!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wowwwwwwwwww! This is gorgeous! LOVING the colors!!!!!!!!!!

Tracy said...

A really pretty creation, I love the orchid and the effect you have done.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Anonymous said...

gorgeous! i love the colours and your colouring. wanted to ask if you tested the positioner and i see that you have. makes a huge difference for me to add sentiments on card fronts, something i almost never used to do.

Sally H said...

That is so gorgeous! I have an orchid almost identical to that that Brenda bought me a while ago and it came back into flower on Christmas day. I love orchids too...might have to get that stamp!

Linby said...

Just love this - so striking.

I'm having the same thoughts about my wooden stamps! I've done it with a really old one, but do love the graphics on my PBs!

Mervi said...

Fabulous colours, lovely stamp and background, one pretty card again;-))m

susiestacey said...

Happy New Year Ellie x Gorgeous card, love the orchid stamp, they are such beautiful flowers. x Susan x

Amy Johnson said...

How gorgeous. I love the style of this card. I love orchids too but I can't keep them alive to save my life. I settled on a fake orchid plant for my beauty room.