Pinned Post


Please click HERE to join in "Ellibelle's Crafty Wednesday" challenge.


Please click HERE to join in "I Spy With My Little Eye" challenge.


May 7, 2016

Let's Color Linky Party 9

Hello and welcome to another Let's Color Linky party where
Anything Goes with something colored!

I have made a tiny little change, starting today, this linky party will be monthly, as I am having some serious issues with lost crafting mojo and generally feeling a little down too on top of that. Not a good combination...
Maybe I'll do some more garden work this weekend, that might help cheer me up. I bought a few raspberry plants the other day, that are still waiting to get planted, and still more work to do to prepare my garden for the vegetable plants....


Thank you all that played along in the last linky party. It was fun seeing all your wonderful entries. Be sure to scroll down to see if you were one of the top choices.

For today I made a CAS get well card.


The image is actually from a baking set from Whimsy Stamps (Baked with Love), but I thought these cute bowls would make a cute get well card. 
Bowls were stamped onto watercolor marker card stock (Winsor & Newton) and water colored with Zig clean color brush pens. The border around the image was done freehand using a thin micron pen. Ivory jute twine and some sequins were used as embellishments, and I also added a layered butterfly. Finished off the card by adding some washi tape. The sentiment is from the set Everyday Moments, also from Whimsy Stamps. I think the designer paper is from a newer pattern pack I picked up from Joann's.

A little close up below.
I have listed this card in my Etsy shop.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now onto my top choices, as always it wasn't easy to choose, but I did manage and here are my favorite 3 in no particular order:

Donna Ellis
I just love how she colored the leaves and flowers, a beautiful overall design.


J. Atterbury Creations
also a beautiful design, and love how she colored each butterfly a different color.


 Cicci vid pennan
This beautiful piece of art has all been hand drawn and hand colored by Cicci.
 Wish I had those kind of copic skills!!!!

Congratulations!!! Wonderful coloring/drawing everyone!
Below is your top choice logo for your side bar.



-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now it's time to get out those pencils/markers/pens/inks again and get coloring!!!
This linky party will stay open until May 31st, a new linky party will start Saturday, June 4th!
Can't wait to see what you all will be coloring up this time!

Just a few reminders:
Must include something colored
Blog post must include link back here
Unlimited entries and feel free to combine with other challenges
Anything goes with something colored

ETA 5/20/18:

To protect the privacy of those who entered this challenge, the linky tool has now been removed.

11 comments:

brenda said...

A lovely creation and design Ellie.

Hope you have a good weekend.

B x

Cicci said...

Hi Ellibelle
Thank you for your always fun challenge!!!! Love The simply rules and nice layout on your Website :)
And very proud that you pick My paiting as favorite;) I Can understand that is so difficult for you to make some picks!! Its so beutiful makes in your challenge!! Thank uoy and congratulations to all rhe others :)
Hugs Cicci sweden

Donna Ellis said...

Thank you so much for selecting my hydrangea card as part of the Top 3! I'm in awe of the coloring skills in the other two submissions - wow! Thanks so very much! I'm sorry to hear about the "loss of mojo" but completely understand. Sometimes I think that all the commenting and meeting of deadlines can be overwhelming, even though we want to do those things, and enjoy our hobby! Thanks so much! hugs, de

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is adorable! I hope you feel better soon!! xoxo

Amy Johnson said...

Awww, such a sweet card. I'm sorry to hear you've been feeling a little down lately. Getting outside and gardening always helps me, so that's a good idea. I don't craft much in the summer either as there is so much work outside to be done. I can't remember the last time I made a card, though I need to as I have both a birthday and a graduation party coming up.

Leslie Miller said...

Your card is perfect for get well. A little chicken soup in those bowls is a great cure all. So cute! I understand about the loss of mojo and feeling down. I go through that now and then. It's good to be able to step away and time outside is especially therapeutic. Good idea to make the coloring challenge a monthly deal, and, as Donna mentioned, trying to do all the commenting can be very time consuming. Please take time for yourself and let things flow naturally.

Jo Ann said...

Aww, thank you so much for choosing my Butterflies card as one of the top picks! I appreciate it! God bless!

JO ANN
http://jatterburycreations.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Your card is so adorable and your watercolouring is so beautifully done.I think we all go through times where the creativity just flows then it all of a sudden it stops.I'm sure a bit of fresh air and getting creative in the garden instead will do you the power of good.We all need a break and and a different perspective sometimes.Do hope your mojo returns soon as I would miss your lovely challenges and wonderful creations.
Lisa x

Migdalia said...

Your card is just adorable!Congrats to all winners.
Have a wonderful day,
Migdalia
Crafting With Creative M

Tammy said...

Adorable card, I love that image and the added washi tape!
Hugs, Tammy

Andrea W said...

Darling card! I love the soft colors with the washi tape accents.